The state-of-the-art electric hand pieces utilized in every dental room at Parkside Dental have the least vibration and the lowest sound in the industry with an extremely quite turbine. As opposed to air-driven hand pieces, electric hand pieces spin the bur with the aid of a motor, allowing Dr. Shokoohi to remove decay at a faster pace. In addition, our hand pieces use the finest quality components for optimal performance, and with the smallest head size in the industry, our Statis hand pieces permit for freedom of movement to the dentist and greater comfort to patients.
- Activa Restorative System
- All Blog
- Avoid Fluoride
- Bright Shades of Teeth
- Children’s teeth
- Conservative Tooth Whitening
- Dental Implants Surgery
- Detection and Treatment of Pain Dynamics
- Digital Imaging
- Innovative Endodontics
- Intra-oral Scanning System
- Mouth guards
- Orthodontics / Braces
- Our Technology
- Patient Resources
- Preventive Care
- Prosthetic Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Sterisil Water Treatment System
- Superior Hand Pieces
- Surgical Procedures
An innovator at heart, Dr. Shokoohi has always invested in the most progressive and state-of-the-art dental products and technologies. Clean water is a necessity at dental practices, and at Parkside Dental, we use the revolutionary technology of Sterisil to maintain clean water lines, even exceeding ADA (American Dental Association) standards.
- The water used at Parkside Dental has a reduced microbiological HPC contamination level 50 times lower than the standard set by the ADA and the CDC.
- Sterisil products include an automatic shock treatment upon initial use for optimal control of bacteria.
- Safe for patients and clinicians
- Odorless and tasteless
- Contain no iodine or chlorine, which have been shown by studies toincrease mercury discharge.
- Read more at sterisil.com
Enamel Whitening System
While there are numerous types of teeth stains (genetic, environmental or pharmacological in nature), the most common are surface stains on the enamel or beneath the enamel in the dentin. Surface stains are caused by food, beverages and lifestyle behaviors, like smoking. Over time, surface stains may penetrate the enamel and change the color of the dentin, which darkens the appearance of teeth, resulting in yellowing. At Parkside Dental, we utilize a progressive, yet conservative method of whitening with the least level of invasiveness.
During you consultation with Dr. Shokoohi, he will recommend a solution that best fits your needs, your lifestyle and your budget. Instructions for after-care are also provided during your treatment, as Dr. Shokoohi provides a through description of his treatment.
Short-term or long-term orthodontic systems can become a part of your treatment plan. As each patient’s case is unique, we will devote a session to review your situation and provide comprehensive consultation to make a selection to fit your active lifestyle.
With today’s active adolescents and adults, the benefits of night guards, bleach trays, retainers and sport guards have become better recognized, and in order to meet the immediate needs of our patients, we are now able to fabricate these items with very little wait-time in our office with the Drufomat Scan System Machine. We can also customize your mouth guards into fun forms of self-expression
The intraoral camera is an amazing diagnostic tool for viewing different angles in the mouth. In addition, taking an impression of your teeth for the purpose of orthodontics, crowns, bridges, dentures, and implants has never been more precise or simplified. Patients can now have a comfortable experience:
- Patients can now avoid uncomfortable impressions since the scanner eliminates the mess and gagging associated with traditional impressions.
- Patient visits will now be shorter
- Greater accuracy eliminates the need for redo appointments and reduces the time necessary for adjustment.
The Scanner by 3Shape allows our patients to have a positive experience with taking impressions, featuring:
- High quality digital impressions in lifelike colors, enabling better evaluation of treatment
- Crystal Clear High Definition photos
- Superior shade measurement and matching, ensuring consistency every time
- Complete scan of the entire mouth in 2 minutes
When decay, abscess or fracture causes damage, a root canal treatment can retain your original tooth and prevent the need for extraction. This treatment can assist in the prevention of premature tooth loss and, when combined with a dental crown, the function and comfort of your teeth will be restored. The need for a root canal is most often indicated through sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, painful or swollen gums, or a throbbing toothache. However in some instances, symptoms do not present themselves. This is why regular checkups every 4 to 6 months is imperative to the health of your teeth. We will conduct a full diagnosis if any of the below symptoms persist:
- Sensitivity to biting
- Constant severe or throbbing tooth ache
- Chronic tooth sensitivity to hot and cold liquids
- Pain as a result of atmospheric pressure changes, for instance, during flight Swelling of the gums
In the unfortunate event that a root canal is needed, Dr. Shokoohi utilizes the advanced Adaptive Motion Technology of Sybron Endo to ease your pain and restore your comfort.
With the implementation of the advanced digital imaging and x-ray system by Sirona, Dr. Shokoohi is able to take a closer look at the your teeth and the surrounding structure with greater accuracy than before. Of greater importance is the fact that digital x-rays significantly reduce your exposure to radiation by as much as 90%, as digital imaging has been designed with the patient’s health in mind.
The advanced Activa Restorative System is a tooth-colored bioactive material that mimics the physical and chemical properties of natural teeth. This progressive has a rubberized patented resin, which helps to absorb stress and shock, it is tough and not brittle, and to chipping, crumbling and fracture. With its ability to react to the changes in the mouth, Activa chemically bonds to teeth to help seal them against bacterial leakage. In addition, it does not cause sensitivity problems and is ideal for multiple indications or restorations.